A valley of white gums. .
The townsite of Beechina was gazetted in May 1904 on what had previously been Reserve 8595. Sixteen lots, classed as ‘Suburban Lands for Cultivation’ and ‘Working Men’s Blocks’, were initially offered for sale, but remained unsold for a number of years. The new townsite was located adjacent to the Eastern Railway line, and a siding was later erected towards the northern end of the town.
Image: Beechina Railway Station, date unknown.
Proposed Beechina Townsite Map, 1932. Image courtesy SLWA b1858320_1